Monday, May 4, 2009

Best Day of My Life



Saturday May 3rd 2008 was probably the best day of my entire life. That was day I finished my challenge to myself and also the day I made history in my family, it was the day I EARNED my college degree. Now to some of you, obtaining an college degree is something that is suppose to happen, but for me, no one (not even my mother) would have thought they would see the day. I was a horrible student in middle school, and truth be told I barely got out of high school. School was really something that I had to do instead of something i wanted to do.

But for some reason, I deceided that I wanted to make something of myself and that I wanted to receive higher education, and once I made that up in my mind, it was all uphill from there. I excelled in college for some reason. My fisrt semester I ended up with a 3.7 GPA (that damn Ms. Windard would not give me an A) I was on the Dean's list and every semester since then I stayed on that list. For me, it was then just the "college expereince" it was more of setting the foundation for the men in my family and for my future kids. Becauses I beat all odds to make it to May 3rd 2008. And there was no better moment then the day I saw my mother and broke down. That was truly the best day in my life. A lot has changed since that beautiful day. I finally got a job, me and girl have moved in, and all in all life has been good to me.



As I refelct on this one year annniversay of my graudation, it brings me to Wilberforce University 2009 graduation. I have a few friends who I thought wasn't going to make it lol...but with my push and them seeing the bigger picture they were able to fight through and graduate as well. Looking at them walk across that stage made think of all of those drunk nights, the many argurments outside, the those moments clowining in class when we shoulda been taking notes lol. As a friend there is nothing better than to see your friends achieve greatness. Truth be told i was really afraid one of them wasn't going to make it. But I know them earning their college is just the start for all of them. I am proud of my boys, and thats why I surround myself around good people. I'm sure May 2nd 2009, was the best day in thier lives as well.









5 comments:

Keith said...

I'm sure it will be one of the best days of their lives. Education is a tremendous sacrifice and acheivement!!

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

You're back???? Why didn't you tell me????!!!!

Education is the key...paying back those student loans is a bitch :(

Robin Monique said...

Man, don't even get me started on graduation anniversaries. In two days, I'll celebrate my THIRD!!

Didn't know Vic walked. That's wassup.

Congrats to the 2009 WU grads Suo Marte!!

Mizrepresent said...

You are such and inspiration and a good friend. Keep on doing what you are doing, because you are doing it well. BTW, so glad to see you are back! Missed you!

Jada said...

Wow that pic of you and your Mom is amazing! You are such a great encouragement and inspiration! I love that you set a goal for yourself and made sure you maintained a level of excellence in achieving it. Congrats to you and your friends Baby Boy! My younger cousin graduates from college this Saturday and my Baby Sis is up next year. I'm getting old D! Mwahz!