Friday, May 8, 2009

A Very Special Mother

Besides God, there is nothing more important to me in this world than my mother! When I was young I guess I always took for granted but now that I am older, I am realizing that her tough love was just giving me the strength for when I officially became an adult. As the only boy and “mama’s boy” the love that I have for my mother is beyond words and the relationship that we have means so much to me. My mother was everything including a dad when she needed to be! My mother taught me how to ride a bike, how to be respectful to women, and even how to put a condom on. My mother taught me how to be a man something that my father failed to do (I have a great relationship with my Dad now by the way).

Section 8 housing, welfare, single parent home, my mother worked 2 jobs, and went to school to earn her degree, and still made time to come home prepare dinner and check on me and my sister’s homework. Now at the young age of 54 my mother can look at her children now and smile. Her son has a college degree and her daughter got her Associate’s and now owns a very successful business in California. Even though we were just getting by, there was always food on the table and clothes on our backs but most importantly she provided us with unconditional love. My mother was and still is a strong individual and even though she gets on my nerves from time to time, I would truly be lost without her. I maybe thousands of miles away from her, but I always feel like she is right there!

So for all of you single parents out there raising you child(ren) on your own, be strong and just know that at least one person appreciates all of your hard work. So to all of the mothers I would like to wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day!

Peace and Love,
Darrius!

1 comment:

Mizrepresent said...

I'm late, but thank you for this! I can't tell you how much your words meant to me...and your mom should be proud!