Wednesday, October 21, 2009

25 Years!

On October 20th, I reached a milestone in every black man’s life….I turned 25. I am very fortunate to have live past the life expectancy rate of black men. Not only that, but I have also exceeded everyone’s expectation of me. I have a college degree, no kids, a good job, health care, and many other things that a lot of people don’t have. I can’t complain. My life could be filled with baby mama drama, I could be in jail, just barely getting by, but I’m not and I am so blessed that God has given me so much in these 25 years and I truly believe that I have so much in store for the future.

I actually had a great birthday, one of my most memorable. And that’s all possible because of my ex girlfriend even though I know how she really feels about our situation she made sure she went out of her to give me something I will never forget.
For my 25th birthday she gave me 25 gifts. Some of those gifts included dinner, flowers, a peacoat, some candy etc…The gifts were nice and all, but I was more impressed that she thought enough of me to do all of those small things for me. I wish she knew how much I really appreciate her kindness, but for some reason or another I can tell she was little upset with me about something on my birthday. I’m really trying to get back to the person she once fell in love with, but every time we attempt to have a nice outing, it usually turns into a discussion, which ultimately will make me angry. I just can’t win.

Enough of that….so now that I am 25, I heard all day…so do you feel older? And the answer is yes a little, but I also know with age come maturity (in most cases) and I’m still in my prime. But now that I am 25, I can’t help but to think in five more years I’m gonna be 30! And I pray to God that at least by then I can be married with children. I hope I’m making more money, moving up the corporate latter, and experiencing life in the fullest form. I’m very anxious to see what my 25 year has in store for me! Peace and Blessings!

7 comments:

INC said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Enjoy your 25th year to the fullest and if need be just call it a quarter life crisis!

1/3 said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your day despite it all:-)

Miss Mika said...

Awwww, Happy Belated Birthday D!!! Despite the circumstances, I am glad that you were able to enjoy that day and that your ex was able to show you the very acts of kindness that you have so desperately sought from her all along. Right now, I am sure you both are angry for your own reasons, but I truly believe that you guys are destined to be, and that a little time and space between the two of you will help you both see that in the end.

ShellyShell said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I'm glad you enjoyed your day! It's still early in your seperation with your ex so there will be some animosity. Trust me it will get better. I'm going thru the exact same thing right now. Me and my ex can't even talk with out an argument! Be happy that she thought enough of you and recognized your bday! Y'all just may need some time apart! Keep your head up!!

12kyle said...

Happy belated burfday, D! Be blessed that God has allowed you to see 25 and hopefully you'll see at least a hunnid mo!

It's great that she made the effort. That says alot about what you mean to her. Take your time, fam. Baby steps...are still steps.

Jewells said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Keep growing and continue gaining wisdom. It definitely gets better with age. =)

Don said...

Happy Belated, Dessex. Only 25 years old, wise, and as you stated defying the odds. Gotta luv it.