Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Going Through Life

Dreams of life being a utopia is indeed just a dream. One of the things that I am learning throughout this process I prefer to call “the growth period” is that life has many bumps and roads, and life is truly all what you make of it. As much as we like to predetermine special monumental moments of our lives, things don’t always go as planned because of outside distractions that arrive unannounced. Each and everyone of us were taught about making the “right” decision, and how those decisions effect us and those that are important in our lives, and now to me it’s all starting to make sense.

In my dream world, I was going to be married at 26-27, have my MBA and beginning to start a family with the love of my life. You know that whole White Pickett Fence dream really doesn’t exist. Although I have no regrets in life, there are some moments when I wish I could go back and right some wrongs. I realize that I put myself in horrible predicament and I ended up hurting the people that care about me the most. So at this point there is no other option but to continue to look ahead, and make sure I do it the right way the next time.

Someone very close to me asked me the other day if I was going through a stage of depression? I laughed at her and told her I was just going through life. I just pray for strength and power to control my emotions and not to result to things that are unhealthy for an outlet. I’m getting better one day at a time.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Quarter-lifers, please raise your hands!! Your 20s are a shitstorm. Lol. BUT I have a quote that helps me through "Life isn't about waiting on the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

That said, you can't wait until your life "comes together" to be happy. You have to find joy in even the rockiest parts of the journey, because in the end, it's all divinely ordered.

ShellyShell said...

I'm a few years older than you. I loved my 20's. I experienced heart breaks with me breaking a heart and someone breaking mine. But I wouldn't take it back for anything. I learned so much about life and myself! Sometimes we make poor decisions and heart someone's feelings. You have to learn from your mistakes and as long as you're doing that it's all that matters.

When I decided I wanted to be married. I said I didn't want to tie the knot till I was 30-31. Well that came and went and I'm still here. I got engaged and it didn't work out. I was probably the saddest I've ever been over a relationship. Looking back I realized he was a great dude but not great for me! I;m still here! You're still so young and you have so much to live for. Things don't always go the way we plan. You just have to learn to roll with the punches! God's driving this bus!! :)

12kyle said...

Life is a series of games within a game. Every game you play to win. If you live long enuf, you'll take your share of L's. But you'll win more than you lose. You're at a great stage in life. When the game changes, you change. It's like being down by 10 pts at half time, fam. You go in and make your adjustments and come back in the 2nd half.

Mizrepresent said...

I agree with everyone, bumps in the road only make us stronger and wiser...you can't win the race, if you are not running, and even if you lose, you are so many more steps closer to achieving your goal. You have a game plan, stick with it, make adjustments when necessary, exhale, see yourself where you want to be, then get off the bench and back in the game. You will do fine D, just take it one step at a time.