Monday, December 21, 2009

Now Is The Time For Change!

Now is the time for change...

Now is the time for GREATNESS

Not to get all Godly or anything like that….but “Now Is The Time For Greatness” is the theme series that my pastor has been preaching on the last month and some change. And for some reason I have been telling myself throughout these troubling times for me that things need to change; new people, a new outlook on life, and new appreciation for love. On Saturday (12/19/09) I sat in the bed all day and all night (literally) without much sleep and so I just thought about what direction my life was going into. At 25 I felt like nothing positive was happening for me. And then suddenly- I had an epiphany, I just need to be with me and take care of me. I can’t worry about pleasing other people, or helping folks-I have to take care of me, and make myself happy, because at the end of the day, this is my life and no one can live it but me.

As the New Year approaches, I have decided that I will exclude any negative or pessimistic posting from this blog (unless I’m a venting session with myself). I just figure that I have walk into the new year with a new outlook on life. I NEED to always surround myself with positive people with positive energy. Just this weekend I went through my cell phone and just deleted people that I felt that could possibly hinder my growth in 2010. Some of those people were family member as well. Some people go out and do the whole new year’s resolution, and I’ve done in the past as well, but this new year it’s all about steady progression.

On January 2nd I will move into my one bedroom apartment! Either I was in college, or staying with my ex, I never have once experienced what it’s really like living out on my own, and it’s an experience I am really looking forward to. The time for change is now!

3 comments:

Miss Mika said...

This is the reason I love reading your blogs. Your maturity surpasses your age sir. Always seeking self improvement and positivity... I can dig that.

Blessings to you for the rest of this year and the years to follow.

Merry Christmas D.

The Jaded NYer said...

this is a great move in the right direction...more power to you and have a great New Year (and beyond)!

12kyle said...

I don't know if you see it...but I do. Growth.

Keep grinding, fam. You're on your way