Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st Post of The New Year

First of all please allow me to say Happy New Year to you all. Sorry it’s been so long.
Since this is my first post of the New Year, I have decided to start off with some great news….

When me and my ex broke up, and I went back to live with my dad I told myself that I would be out my dad’s house by Jan 1st. Low and behold, I moved out December 31st. I moved into a place that I can call my own. I have a own bedroom apartment and it’s great because I can do me, take care of me, and not have to depend on anyone else but me. I am happy that I have accomplished this milestone in my life, and although I’m happy, it’s pretty lonely and boring sometimes, but I guess eventually I will get over it. Fortunately for me, I’ve had a lot of people help a brother out so I really haven’t had to come out of pocket for a lot of things. Moving was very much overwhelming, but this experience has truly been a blessing and very humbling.

My New Years resolutions is simple….I don’t have one. I believe that type of stuff is so cliché. Instead I have a simple motto that I am going to follow for 2010. 2010= Improvements. This year is about the betterment of me, and those around me. I can’t and won’t allow negative energy to bring me down in any way shape or form. For so long, I have allowed other people’s thoughts and feelings drive my day, but this year there will be none of that. So people can either hop on board or get left behind. I want to become someone that is more felicitous, and less of the person that people say is unapproachable.

In 2009 was a very stressful year for me, I ended a relationship of 5 years, I dealt with frustration at work (although I thank the Lord everyday for having a job to come to), and family problems that will drive any sane person up a wall. For the past 4 or 5 months, I just be real melancholy for a number of reason, but I vow to be the happy Darrius everybody loved in 2010. Other people’s thoughts and feelings will no longer influence my thoughts or actions, nor will they become an excuse for my lack of judgment. 25 years on this earth and now is the time for me to become a man and stand on my own two feet. Now is the time for Greatness!

2010 is going to be a great and prosperous year, and I will make sure I document every up and every down. The real Darrius is back…new and improved.

2010=Improvements

Peace and Love!

5 comments:

Cam said...

new beginnings. scary, and liberating at the same time.

I have no doubt you'll be awesome in 2010, you're off to a great start. Better than most (most = me)!

Ending a 5 years relationship...wow... i know the feeling (3 arduous years). You kind of feel like you lose some of yourself. It's not true. You grow immeasurably. Focus on making D happy.

It's so funny how reading your blog makes me feel like a friend. (BEWARE OF THE ONLINE STALKERS!!!)

only kidding...

CAM!

Skinny Black Girl said...

Happy New Year Dee! Congrats on the new place. There's nothing that compares to having your own space. And in this transitional period of your life, it'll give you the time needed to reflect and create a home environment that both makes you comfortable and encourages your growth. I'm sure that 2010 will be a great year for you.

12kyle said...

Congrats, bruh! That's a huge! This is the first step in a new direction in a new year.

Miss Mika said...

Even though we are 6 days into the new year, Happy New Year to you! And congrats on your own new spot! Having your own space to enjoy is something that we really don't appreciate when we have it, but long for it when we don't have it.

You have come so far in a relatively short period of time... do you realize that? You are seeking to improve yourself in 2010... but you started and have been succeeding at that goal a long time ago. You should be proud of yourself!

2010 isn't going to be the start of greatness for you... its going to be greatness in addition to greatness for you.

ShellyShell said...

Congratulations on your new spot! This year is going to be a good year for you! Keep your head up.