Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Words of Inspiration

Living with your self can certainly put a lot on a young man’s brain. One night while alone playing Xbox, in my mind I kept referring to what my deepest fear was. I’m sure that many of you have seen the movie “Coach Carter” And there was a question that the Coach kept asking his players….What is your deepest fear young man?....and while many of us have different answers to the question….There is a general answer which was provided by Marianne Williamson.


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. “

Words to live by as you go through this thing called life.

Peace and Love

3 comments:

12kyle said...

Great post and dead on point, fam. Keep it up

Skinny Black Girl said...

This has always been one of my all time favorite quotes.

The Jaded NYer said...

YES. I have this written down in a notebook and every once in a while I take a peek at it to remind myself to not be afraid of success and happiness, which just happens to be my Achilles' Heel.